On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 12:36:19AM +0100, Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir wrote:

> I'm afraid you got it wrong. Community is mostly centered around
> 9front. One of the reasons is that it actually works and is still
> being developed and used by many. Plan 9 is dead, 9front lives on.
> There is also software developed outside of 9front git repo, by people
> who use 9front: http://only9fans.com
> Whether some "secret community" decides to "accept" (or not) 9front as
> "official" doesn't matter.

And part of the reason it doesn't matter is that there ARE active users
of non-9front Plan 9, and they all have reasons (some unique, some
shared) to do things that way, and when good code shows up, everyone
benefits, no matter which flavor of Plan 9 they wrote it for.
Regardless of other interplay, that shared interest is what makes up a
community, and there doesn't need to be complete uniformity of thought
for that to be both real and valuable.

khm