On Sat, 21 May 2022, Aram H?v?rneanu wrote:

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 7:12 PM adr <a...@sdf.org> wrote:
I wasn't talking about any compiler.

Choosing $objtype (and $O, etc) is the first thing someone writing
a new Plan 9 compiler port does. These values are set in libmach.
I suggest reading the 2c(1) manual page, as well as the Plan 9
compiler papers which explain how the Plan 9 compiler works.

What on Earth are you talking about? The name of the architecure,
that was the subject of the two little messages I exchanged with
Charles, do you really think that when I said AArch64 I was reffering
to the name choosen for plan9 (9front?, there is no AArch64 support
in labs|9legacy) port?

With this new information you will know what even if you didn't
think you were talking about the compiler, you were actually talking
about decisions made in the compiler when you were asking about
Plan 9 on some architecture or another.

It is fine if you do not agree with these decisions.

Again, what on Earth are you talking about?, A simple question, so
bloody simple and again as usual the same... you know what, just
forget it, please, everyone, just forget it.