andp...@foxmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, 22 July 2022, at 2:09 PM, Silvan Jegen wrote:
> > Ah, I didn't know that! I also don't know anyone who does office work
> > in a place where traditional Chinese characters are used though ...
>
> They would use RIME, https://rime.im a free software widely
> recognized among Chinese users who are not satisfied with default
> Pinyin. But unfortunately that thing is written in C++ so making a
> port is unliky.

Funnily enough I use Rime on my Linux machine to input Simplified
Chinese. I honestly just switched a Rime input setting to something that
looks like pinyin but the suggestions seem better to me than the old
IME that I used ... I should probably invest some time in understanding
how the thing actually is supposed to be used (documentation in English
seems sparse and my Chinese sucks).