On Thu, 4 Aug 2022, Richard Miller wrote:
I don't know any reliable server with good bandwidth serving without tls

I am able to connect to your example arch.mirror.constant.com using
both http and https.

And now I feel like an idiot! The thing is that other tests I've
made (I'm talking about a long, long time ago) with archlinux's
mirrors allways redirected me to an htpps server, silly of me for
not trying again.

But I don't think it is the usb ethernet or the tls implementation,
I've tryed before with the internal interface and ori's experience
is similar.  I've tryed with other user agent strings, and with
the user agent string hget is using in linux's wget, but that is
not the issue. Maybe is the tcp implementation?