On 1/17/23, revr...@mweb.co.za <revr...@mweb.co.za> wrote:
> [ ... ]. Yes, I am trying to set up Mail on plan9 but it is
> for me like a blind man groping in the dark. I did manage to do it once, but
> have no idea how I did it!
The manual pages take some getting used to, but, believe me,
everything you need is held in them.

> I love plan9 esp. sam and acme which I use extensively.
I can't mix those two, although occasionally I have to. Acme is my
choice, Sam has one advantage: Acme just can't operate remotely the
way Sam can, from Plan 9 native, a feature I greatly miss.

> It is great to know that there is a fellow South African on the group.
> You will understand the loud shedding problems too I presume!
Yes, nothing Plan 9 can do about that, sadly. Although Acme's
automatic "dump" on failure or disconnection has saved me quite a lot
of load shedding-induced frustration.

I've been using Plan 9 since 1995, you wouldn't be able to pry it from
my cold, dead hands. I'm not an expert, like many others on 9fans and
its siblings, but I would find it hard to manage without its services.

Lucio.