On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 12:57:28PM +0200, Omar Atia wrote:
> Dears,
>
> Why you are creating rainbow tables ? I have read what is in Airprobe
> sniffing ways it is missing how do you decrypt the cipher text with Kc ? do
> you have this stage or you are only creating these tables ?

The tables had been finished in last years summer and they work as intended.

> How can I start the study ?

wikipedia: Rainbow Table
http://reflextor.com/trac/a51/wiki/BackclockA51

> Are you writing all possibilities on a disk ?

of the 2^64 keyspace, 2^53 data points are computed and 2^38 are stored
on disk. The 2^53 data points that are effectively contained in the tables
map about 2^56.5 data points of the keyspace. Since each chain has an
average length of 2^15 the number of data points stored is 2^38, even though
the table contains 2^53 data points.

2^56.5 is enough because a single gsm burst lets you do 51 independent lookups
in the tables (Time Memory Data Tradeoff). 2^53 table values cover 2^56.5
of the keyspace, because in gsm A5/1 is clocked 100 times before the keystream
is used to encrypt the plaintext stream and the A5/1 cipher by its structure
converges to a smaller subset of the state space when it is clocked.
Meaning that of the 2^64 possible states, 2^3 are unreachable after 100
clocks and thus can be ignored.