John Chambers wrote:
>Maybe we should invite him  back.   I've  always  sorta  enjoyed  the
>discussions that he started.  And it's been quiet around here lately,
>too quiet ...

I think Phil Taylor's response to Don's original enquiry neatly illustrated one of the reasons I haven't been around for a while.  He started slagging me off as soon as he saw my name before I'd even said anything.

I felt in the past that I had been demonised and anything I said would come under attack.  It's difficult to reason with people who don't seem to have wasted much time actually reading what I have said before launching in, often quite offensively.  Laura Conrad once attacked me for something Phil had said and then had another go at me when I pointed that out.  Wil Macaulay attacked me for (as far as I could understand) something he had said himself. You, John, seemed to have a go at me for things that that Italian chap whose name escapes me said.  Wendy B(?) finally seemed to recognise that she was criticising me for something I hadn't said but spoilt it by promptly looking around for something else to hit me with.

I think ABC is a brilliant invention and I would love to be able to participate and make a contribution but banging your head against a brick wall really is great when you stop.

Apart from that, I've spent the last year studying for an MSc in Computing in Archaeology which has kept me fairly busy.  For an idea of what I've been up to have a look at -

No musical content whatsoever.

I've just got Jeff's email.  Thank's.  I'm touched. (Don't say it.)  We'll see.  Can people please promise to READ WHAT I ACUALLY SAY before laying into me?

Bryan