    Frank> :I just got this error message from abc4mac:
    Frank> :
    Frank> :+++ Too many symbols; increase maxSyms, now 800
    Frank> :
    Frank> :I have some idea what it means, but how can I correct it?

    Bob> I had a similar problem with voices - you need to edit the
    Bob> abc2ps file to increase the maxSyms and then recompile.

No, you can do it on the command line, in abc2ps, and I assume there's
a similar option in abc4mac:

abc2ps -h says:

 Alloc options:
     -maxs n   set maximal number of symbols (default 800)
     -maxv n   set maximal number of voices (default 4)

so saying:

        abc2ps -maxs 2000

should do the trick.

Question for developers: with modern operating systems, is this kind
of making the user do the storage allocation really necessary?  It
reminds me of writing JCL.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574