Guido Gonzato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
>> That's all: there is no need to have more information in this field.
>> Now, let's focus on the printing (%%staves -> s: ?) and playing
>> (%%MIDI -> m: ?) information fields...
>
>I guess somebody might argue that these fields shouldn't be part of abc,
>since they deal with specific music features like typesetting and playing.

Absolutely. The definition as proposed summarises the (IMHO) consensus
over the usage of the V: field to delineate voices in multi-part music. Let us
please not drown that model of clarity in a heap of application-specific
instructions!

Steve Mansfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lesession.demon.co.uk - abc music notation tutorial and other goodies