    DavBarnert> For me, this downloaded normally and launched BarFly,
    DavBarnert> as expected.  A few errors in the abc,
    DavBarnert> however. Several had M: fields after the K: field, for
    DavBarnert> instance,

That's not an error; in-tune M: fields have to be there.  Otherwise
how could you have tunes that switch between meters?  You may mean
that barfly considers it an error if there *isn't* an M: field in the
header.  I had thought that the standard specifies a default for M:,
but I can't find it.  Certainly abc2ps has a default.

    DavBarnert> Also, there is no need to end each line with a
    DavBarnert> backslash. I don't know how this looks in other
    DavBarnert> software, but it makes Barfly display the whole tune
    DavBarnert> as one scrunched-up line.

In abc2ps you would want to use the -c option to tell abc2ps to pick
line breaks if you were really putting them on every line.  But it
does break lines that are too full even without the -c.  I ended up
putting them on most lines in the Morleys, because I didn't like some
of the line breaks "abc2ps -c" was picking, but I didn't want to have
to pick them all.  This is one of the major reasons I'm not using
abc2ps for production work any more.

I don't think the standard addresses the problem of whether an ABC
display program should know how to break lines.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574