Bruce Olson wrote:

> My ABC2WIN has a nice little button on the tool bar that plays
> A=440 Hz (verified on a 2 channel oscilloscope with 1 KHz reference
> square wave on the 2nd channel). Why does my ABC2WIN play that A in a
> tune at 880 Hz, (and all other notes) an octave too high?
>
> Bruce Olson

Henrik Norbeck's ABCMUS plays the correct frequencies (time the
highest peaks of the triple sawtooth waveform). Also timing is much
better than one can do with BASICS Sound command (at least the way
I've been using it). I presume that everyone knows that BASICs Sound
command puts a square wave into the computer's speaker.

[I'm going to try faking BASICs Sound command into giving the right
timing. Going by the book doesn't work very well.]

Bruce Olson

--
Old English, Irish and, Scots: popular songs, tunes, broadside
ballads at my website (no advs-spam, etc)- www.erols.com/olsonw