Frank Nordberg wrote:

>For those who isn't sure what this is about, I've uploaded a pdf with
>something similar to what I think Eric is looking for at:
>http://www.musicaviva.com/temp/de-madrigale-a1gtr.pdf
>and a midi at:
>http://www.musicaviva.com/temp/de-madrigale-a1gtr.mid
>
>Here's the original four part setting:
>
>X:26
>T:De madrigale
>C:Tielman Susato
>S:Tileman Susato: Danserye (1551)
>M:3/2 %org. time signature: C3
>%org. no barlines
>L:1/2
>K:Gmix
>V:1
>C>DE|D>EF|C>DE|D3::E>DE|C>DE|F2E|D3:|
>V:2
>G,2C|B,2A,|A,2G,|G,3::C2C|CA,B,|DA,C|B,3:|
>V:3
>E,2E,|G,2F,|E,2C,|D,3::G,>F,G,|A,2G,|F,2G,|G,3:|
>V:4
>C,>B,,C,|G,,2D,|A,,>B,,C,|G,,3::C,2C,|F,2E,|D,2C,|G,,3:|

See http://rbu01.ed-rbu.mrc.ac.uk/DeMadrigale.gif for BarFly's
version.

To be honest, I don't think there is really an abc-only solution
for this kind of thing.  To get this picture I added the following
lines to the header:

V:1 m=B,
V:2 up m=B, transpose -12
V:3 merge m=B, transpose -12
V:4 down merge m=B, transpose -12

This did everything except the offset G in bar 5 in the lower staff.
That I did by post-editing in a drawing program.  Unless we add some
complex and messy syntax for special formatting to the abc standard
these fine adjustments will always involve some human intervention.

Phil Taylor