Christophe Declercq wrote:

> Don't forget a point though. Dimitri Schostakovich has based his
> fantastic (IMHO) 8th quartet (and some other works) on a 'D^BCB'
> pattern, from the german notes corresponding to the first letters of his
> name ('DSCH'). So I would not call that an abomination...and yes, there
> is also BACH (the art of the fugue...).

Well, I have to admit that the note h, and the semantical similarities
between "es" (e flat) and s opens up for a lot more possibilities for
making musical anagrams. Johann Sebastian and his sons wrote a couple of
compositions on the BACH motif. I have them all in ABC, but I seem to
have mislaid some of them :-(

But here's one by Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach (Johann Sebastian's
9th son). He expanded the idea a bit, adding H[ans] C[hristoph]
F[riedrich] to the theme. It's a nice little piece; short, simple, fun
to play and delightfully weird sounding :-)

X:2720
T:Fuga
C:Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach
O:Germany
Z:Transcribed by Frank Nordberg - http://www.musicaviva.com
V:1 Program 1 6 up %Harpsichord
V:2 Program 1 6 merge down %Harpsichord
V:3 Program 1 6 bass up %Harpsichord
V:4 Program 1 6 bass merge down %Harpsichord
M:C|
L:1/4
Q:1/4=134
K:C
V:1
z4|z4|z4|z4|z4|
V:2
z4|z4|z4|^F2G2|C2=F2-|
V:3
B,2C2|F,2_B,2-|_B,A,C=B,|A,C_B,2-|_B,A,C=B,|
V:4
z4|z4|z4|z4|z4|
%
V:1
z4|B2c2|F2_B2-|_BAc=B|cd_B2-|
V:2
FEG^F|G^FE2|_EDF=E|F2ED|D2EF|
V:3
C2A,2|G,2C_B,|A,2G,2|F,2G,2|A,2_B,2|
V:4
z4|z4|z4|z4|^F,2G,2|
%
V:1
_BcA2|=Bc2c|cBd^c|d4-|d2c2-|
V:2
E2F2|G3A|G4-|GAGF|GFAG|
V:3
C2CD-|DCE_E|=EDFE|FB,=CD|EDFE|
V:4
C,2F,2-|F,E,G,^F,|G,4-|G,4-|G,4-|
%
V:1
c2B2|c2F2|_B4|A4|c2=B2|Hc4|]
V:2
FEGF|E2F2-|FDFE|FEG^F|=FEGF|HG4|]
V:3
DCED|C_B,A,2|G,2C2-|C2D2|DCED|HE4|]
V:4
G,4|C,4|C,4-|C,4-|C,4-|HC,4|]
W:
W:
W:  From Musica Viva - http://www.musicaviva.com
W:  the Internet center for free sheet music downloads.

Frank Nordberg