John Walsh wrote:

>       A Christmas challenge: find the shortest abc for the music to the
>Twelve Days of Christmas.  (all verses, & all extensions suggested in this
>thread are welcome, of course.)

Ooh, I can't resist.  Here's a starter using no extensions other than
inline fields:

X:1
T:The Twelve Days of Christmas
M:none %a cop out
P:AB ACDB AC2DB AC3DB AEDB ACEDB AC2EDB AC3EDB AC4EDB AC4EDB AC5EDB AC6EDB
K:D
[P:A] AA | A2 dd d2 cd | efge f3 ||
w:On the nth day of Christmas* my true love sent to me
[P:B] g |a2 bg fd e2 | d3 ||
w:a partridge** in a pear tree.
[P:C] a2 | ef g2 [P:D]||f ||
w:Two tur-tle doves and
w:Three French* hens
w:Four ca-lling birds
%etc
[P:E] a2 b^g a4 || agfe d2 g2 | B2 d2 edcB A2 |
w:Five gold* rings, Four* calling birds, Three french hens, Two turtle doves

Plays fine in BarFly.

Now I've wasted all that time when I should have been shopping:-)

Phil Taylor