Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Phil Taylor wrote:
>
>> I think you will find that several programs have this problem.  BarFly
>> certainly does.
>
>But how do *you* work with midifiles then?

I put in the necessary accidentals to make it play properly, even though
they are redundant in the printed version.  It's a fairly rare occurrence.

I'd prefer to fix the program, but as I said, it's a fairly tricky bit of
code, and there's always something more urgent to do.

A similar problem exists where you have a tie or slur across a repeat marker
as in the following example:

X:39
T:Bonnie Kate
N:The slurs in this tune are almost impossible to deal with
N:correctly.  Note the slur from the d in bar 7, which should
N:be drawn to the A in the first repeat bar AND to the A in
N:the second repeat bar, so we have a slur with one start and
N:two ends.  Note also the slur from the g in the first repeat
N:bar of part B.  This crosses the repeat and goes to the a2
N:at the beginning of that part.
B:Pete Cooper: Mel Bay's Complete Irish Fiddle Player, p. 144
R:reel
M:C|
K:D
P:A
d(uB|A2)dA (3Bc(vd A)(F|DF)AF EGF(E|DF)AF GBed|cAB(c d2) d(uB|
A2)dA (3Bc(vd A)(F|DF)AF EA,CE|DFAF GBe(d|1 cA)B(c d2):|2 cA)Bc def(g|]
P:B
a2)fd vAdfa|~g3e cde(f|g2)gf vgba(g|fg)fe def(g|
a2)fd vAdf(a|gf)ge cdef|gfed vc(bag)|1 fgfe def(g:|2 fgf(e d2)|]

Phil Taylor