On Fri 01 Mar 2002 at 04:41PM -0600, Christian Cepel wrote:

> Greetings all.  Software development project question here.
>
> Anyone have the skinny on available fonts and licensing issues involved in
> distributing those fonts?  If there's a plethora, do you have a favorite,
> and why is it your favorite.

I've had a look into the font issue in the past and there are a fair
selection  of free fonts available, including scalable ones. The
Freetype project might be a good place to start. This gives you a set
of characters. However, to do music you need to be able to draw notes
beamed together and slurs, which are pretty difficult with only
a fixed font set.

James Allwright