Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
>On Mon, 13 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that's useful nformation.
>>
>> I had hoped (and still hope) to avoid the slippery slope of supporting %%
>> directives.  I realize  I will be in for it when I start doing midi
>> stuff...for the combining of voices into a staff, though, it looks like there
>> are other ways of handling it.
>
>Which?

In BarFly, you put the word "merge" (without the quotes) in a V: field in the
header to have this voice drawn on the same staff as the previous one.  You
can also control the bracketing of staves using "bracketon" and "bracketoff"
in the appropriate V: fields in the header.  There's nothing to stop you
using abcm2ps's %%staves directive as well of course, since BarFly will
ignore it.

Phil Taylor