Jack Campin wrote:

>> All fields in the tune (except possibly those which come before the first
>> V: field) are voice dependent.  After the first V: there is nowhere to
>> put a field which is not within a voice, so all fields apply only to the
>> voice in which they are located.
>
>How on earth does that let you control part playing order in multi-voice
>music?

You have to put each P: field in all of the voices if you want to
control playing order.

Same goes for M: and K: fields (assuming that you want all the voices
to change metre and key at the same point).

When playing a tune with a part-order, BarFly seeks for the P:
fields in the specified order within each voice in turn, ignoring the
contents of the other voices.  You could, in fact, make the parts play
in a different order within each voice (although I can't immediately
think of a reason why you might want to).

Phil Taylor