On 4 Jul 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:

> In any case, there isn't a problem getting the abc back to the system
> in linux. I do my regular backup.  Then, for the wordsmith doc, I run
> "text2pdbdoc -d".  The PalmABC database isn't a doc file, but I found
> that running "strings" on it produces the ABC with very little
> extraneous stuff.

What I do with my palm and abc is just type ahead in a memo, no headers or
fancy stuff, just notes. Then I import (copy/paste) from j-pilot to emacs
in my default-header'ed document. By now I'm almost error free when typing
notes, so I don't need any of the two available palm abcs. This works
quite well, although I don't do symphonies that way...
--
love, peace & harmony
Atte