>>- I didn't managed to print scores with my HP DeskJet 520
Printer.

>It works OK on my Epson Stylus 440.

I'll try it on other printers to check this...

>I can't see the point of taking up
>valuable
>space on the screen for something you aren't using all the time.

But for browsing several tunes it could be usefull. Maybe if this
subwindow would stay "on top" and doesn't disappear if we load a
tune (so we could move it at a corner of the screen), then we
could choose another tune and so on. (And eventually close it when
we don't want it any longer with the "x" on the top)

>I think all you are asking is for Full ABC to be full screen.

In fact it's for full abc not to use a subwindows (in option) :
for example AbcMus allows to change in the options "full edit of
abc (called here raw edit) is default". But for those who prefer,
it's always possible to have a more user friendly header editor
(like the default editing in Abacus).

>>but processes only the tune
>>we want to display. (Abacus should do the same

>It does.

ok, it's true the crash I had was for a file containing a tune
with a wrong X: code (with a letter). For other crashes it was on
request :) (generally when they were V: )

Don Whitener said :

>I wonder... I get exactly the same presentation.  The application
runs
>at
>full (real full) screen, covering even the task bar, and the
middle
>restore
>button is grayed out and inactive.  I have no other application
that
>does this.

It's possible to "emulate" the middle restore button if you double
click on the title bar, then the application will be in a more
normal window and you can resize it.
An other thing strange I noticed was the scrollbar at the side of
the partition area didn't follow the general scrollbars
adjustement in MSwindows, I have them very thin, but this
scrollbar wasn't.

>>I would have thought most people wouldn't have it and those with
less
>>computer expertise would be put off by lots of technical jargon
along
the
>>lines of "If you've got this file do this but if not do that."

>Windows XP (Pro) includes msvbvm60.dll as standard. I'd *guess*
that it
>comes along with 2K and ME as well

I've them too but I run "only" MSwin98, I've certainly installed
an other program with this file in standard. In fact many people
do install upgrades for M$ for VB support, DirectX etc., or they
install many programs in general, so most of those libraries a
easily available. You could ask the users here who tried your
program to read the file St6unst.log (you know what ? they can
even open it with Abacus !) to check if they already had some of
the dll.
If you propose different packages -- it's just an advice --, you
could prevent people to look for an other abc application if they
think yours is too heavy to download.