I've received so many messages both on- and off list now, I beginning to conuse them. This reply was meant for the whole list, but somehow I ended up sending it to just one person:

-------

Seems things are really out of my hand right now.
I just had a talk with sysop at my web host, and he simply refused to take the site down!!!
So no matter what I do, it seems Musica Viva will stay online at least until it's time to re-register the domain name (and that's not until September 2003).

The site is down right now because of that domain name trouble, but that shouldn't take long to fix.
A few very important question here:
Like any law-abiding citizen I pay my bills to my domain name registrar every year, right on time. Then, for the second year in a row, the registrar messes up the renweal, causing my site to drop out.
Has anybody had any experience with such a situation? What is my legal position? Can I sue them? If I can can, for how much?
Active ISP is Europe's largest domain name registrar. What can I do to ruin their reputation so thoroughly they never ever see buiness again?

And finally a warning to all who is going to - or know someone who is going to - register a domain name in Europe: Whatever you do, dON't USE Active ISP!!!

Frank Nordberg
http://www.musicaviva.com