This is my first post to the abc users list, so if
this is a silly question, feel free to scorn and
ridicule.

I am using abcm2ps version 3.3.1 (Beta?), but the same
issue is true for earlier versions.

Does anyone know how to force accent marks to go below
the staff rather than above?

I am trying to rearrange a choir piece for piano and
voice with 3 staffs and guitar chords. I would like to
make the accents for the piano (treble clef) staff go
below the staff rather than above (which pushes the
chord symbols up into the space for the lyrics).

I think this will explain it.

X: 1
T: No Greater Love
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
%%staves [1 | {2 3}]
K: G
%
V:1
z2 B2 A G2 G- | G8 | z2 BB cB AG |
w: So deep with-in._ There's no great-er love than
V:2
"C/D"[C2E2G2] "G/D"[D2G2B2] "Am/D"[CEA] "G/D"[B,2D2G2]
"G"[B,DG]- | !crescendo(![B,6D6G6] G/^G/A/^A/
!crescendo)!| !accent!"Baug7(#9)"[^DGBd] z z2 z4 |
V:3
D7/ D/ D D2 G | G7/ G/ G2 A^A | !accent![Ba] z z2 z4 |

The accent in the piano bass clef is fine. It is the
piano treble cleff staff I would like to somehow get
accent marks placed below the staff (particulatly
since other dynamics such as crescendos go below the
staff). I can live with it, it just looks ugly and
makes it harder to follow the chord charts because
they are more detached from the notation.

Is there any directive or option that does this?

Don.