On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 09:20:05PM +0100, Kristian Nørgaard wrote:

> > > Use the 'Redisplay' button in gv instead of invoking the preview
> > > function from within Emacs.
> > >
> > Or even easier, set the watch flag in gv (under the State button).
> > Then gv will automatically refresh when the .ps file changes.
>
> But can I update the .ps file from within emacs?
> Or do I need to use abcm2ps from the command line, to update my .ps
> file, which gv then will redisplay?

I use a makefile, and use the default 'compile' command, which calls make.
You could do likewise, or set the 'compile' command to use abcm2ps, by
putting these lines in your .emacs file:

 (global-set-key [f9]   'compile)  ;; or whichever key you prefer
 (setq compile-command "abcm2ps ")

You can also find the compile command under the Tools button
on the toolbar.  There's a Shell Command menu item right under
it that can also be used to run abcm2ps.  Or you can bring up
a shell buffer by typing 'M-x shell' and entering your commands
there.

Ali
--
     Ali Corbin                        /, |_  __(_) ___  _ __