On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Phil Taylor wrote:

> Have you ever used any other abc software?

Yep, under both Linux and Windows (I do not have a
mac). Currently I'm using mostly abcm2ps and abc2midi
with a midi player, sometimes I use nwc2abc.

> Are you suggesting that a standard can be developed
> without giving any consideration to what it's going
> to be used for?

It's going to be used to represent music scores in a
way both comprehensible by human beings and computer
parsers.

>From this it follows that the standard should define
(1) musical elements that the members of this list want
to be able to notate, in a way that is (2) convenient
for human beings to read and write and (3) for
computer systems to parse.

If these three concerns are addressed by the standard,
I do not see why it is important to know what happens
with the ABC code after it gets parsed.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]