I.Oppenheim wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> That's exactly what Abacus does.  Version 1 is
>> available from http://www.abacusmusic.co.uk/ but hang
>> around, maybe just for a few days, and version 2 will
>> be out.
>
>Seems to be a nice idea! Only too bad that when I made
>a typing mistake, your application crashed with an
>"Error #5" and no option to save my work...

That's the problem with live editing.  The parser has to be
absolutely bullet-proof, as the user can hit it with absolutely
any combination of symbols.  There is really no way you can
test it enough either.  That's one reason why I kept BarFly
free for several years while under development - I needed the
whole community of users to use it and tell me about the bugs
in order to get it to its current state.

Phil Taylor