Irwin Oppenheim wrote:
> 1/ Is this definition your own, private proposal, or is
> it based on a (preliminary) draft prepared by Guido?

It's my own preliminary proposal. I haven't received anything from
Guido. Of course it has to be modified, but it's a starting point,
because most of it will be as it is there.

> 2/ %x58.3A is VERY difficult to read. Could you please
> use alphanumeric notation such as 'X' ':' instead? I
> don't see any benefit of this hexadecimal notation...

Well, it's case sensitive. ABNF quoted strings, e.g. "A:" are not
case sensitive. ABC is (mostly) a case senstive language. So if I
want to stick to ABNF, which happens to be a standard, I'll have to
use e.g. %x58.3A and have a comment "X:" after it.

Henrik Norbeck, Stockholm, Sweden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norbeck.nu/         My home page
http://www.norbeck.nu/abcmus/  AbcMus player program