This is the best I've been able to do with the second piece I posted.
I think it sounds okay on its own terms, but I'm not so sure it's
much like what the player of 1680-ish had in mind.

I went through some peculiar steps trying to get the mode right.
There are a lot of flattened/naturaled "b" and "c" fret notes, and
representing them by shifting the clef origin doesn't always do the
right thing - a B flat represented by an accidental gets displayed
as an F flat when transposed up a fifth with a clef to match.  (I
got lucky, as this tune is dorian/minor/phrygian pentatonic and the
B could be fudged).  So there are limitations to this approach that
need some thought in working around.  But an ABC player is still a
hell of a useful tool for tinkering with this stuff.

X:1
T:The cloutinach
M:6/4
L:1/4
Q:3/4=100
V:1 middle=E       transpose +7  % e string
V:2 middle=B merge transpose  0  % A string
V:3 middle=f merge transpose -7  % D string
V:4 middle=b merge transpose -14 % G string raised to A
K:D Minor
%[V:1] xxx xxx|xxx xxx|]
%[V:2] xxx xAA|xxx xxx|]
%[V:3] xxc dxx|dcd dcd|]
%[V:4] d2x xxx|xxx xxx|]
%
[V:1] xxx xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx:|
[V:2] xxx xxA|d2c A2A|xxx xxx|A2c dxx:|
[V:3] xxc d2x|xxx xxx|dcd dcd|xxx xAA:|
[V:4] d2x xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx:|
%
[V:1] Bxx xx   x|xxx xxx|B3  BxB|cdc Bxx:|
[V:2] xcA cd/c/A|cAc d2c|xxx xcx|xxx xdd:|
[V:3] xxx xx   x|xxx xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx:|
[V:4] xxx xx   x|xxx xxx|xxx xxx|xxx xxx:|
%
[V:1] B2B cdc|dcB xB/x/x|xx   x xxx|xxx xxx:|
[V:2] xxx xxx|xxx dx/d/c|Ac/A/x xxx|A2c dxx:|
[V:3] xxx xxx|xxx xx   x|xx   d dcd|xxx xAA:|
[V:4] xxx xxx|xxx xx   x|xx   x xxx|xxx xxx:|

X:2
T:The cloutinach
M:6/4
L:1/4
Q:3/4=100
K:D Minor
D2F G2A   |d2c A2A   |GFG    GFG|A2c dDD:|
fcA cd/c/A|cAc d2c   |f3     fdf|gag fdd:|
f2f gag   |agf df/d/c|Ac/A/G GFG|A2c dDD:|

The point of the scordatura would be to use two strings on the
initial low D (the same trick used in the "baggpipe tune") though
the open D string isn't explicitly called for.  (On reflection,
I'm not so sure - an opening C doesn't sound too bad either).