(rfe = Request For Enhancement)
Hi Jef,

I suppose I could just learn postscript, and not continue to keep pestering you, but
since I appear to be pushing abcm2ps beyond its abilities, I keep finding things that
are a little off, or could use a tweak.

Recently (v3.7.3) you fixed a bug with regards to ties across repeats. The same
problem appears for the !8b(! notation (from deco.abc). I have a piece that I'm
working on which starts the !8b(! notation before a begin repeat, ends within the
strain, and then starts up again before the end repeat of that strain, within the 1st
ending. The final '8va basso' notation continues indefinitely since it does not find a
closing !8b)! mark. It should stop at the end of the repeat, just like the tie does.
To me this seems a bit more complicated than the tie bug I reported, so let me know if
it's even feasible.

Another thing I'd like to be able to do is to tweak the location of the '8va basso'
notation so it's closer to the staff it references. In this 2 voice piece, in one
place the basso notation interferes with 2nd ending decoration for another voice.
Also, when the 2nd voice is in basso, the notation is closer to the 1st voice of the
next line of notation, making it difficult to see whether this is a basso notation for
v2 or ottavo notation for v1 in the next line.

And now for my RFE: drum notation.

There's a decoration I'd like to create which indicates a flam in Swiss Basel style
drum notation. It is basically a little tick mark attached to the note head, so the
note head looks like a little apple or cherry (sorry, best thing I could come up
with). I'd like to possibly just slightly modify the staccato notation (since I don't
need it for drum notation) to turn it into this little 'tick', but again, I have no
postscript experience. Feel generous enough to give me a bit o' code I can put in my
abc to redefine the staccato mark?

Thanks so much, Jef, for all your help so far.
Believe me -- if what I'm working on ever gets printed, you will get a HUGE
acknowledgement at the beginning of the book.

MY FILE:
% -- draw octava indication
%%postscript /octava{ % usage: len x y octava
%%postscript exch -9 add exch 2 copy
%%postscript M 0 10 RM /Times-Roman 16 selectfont (8) show
%%postscript /Times-Roman 12 selectfont (va) show
%%postscript M 0 6 RL currentpoint stroke M
%%postscript [6] 0 setdash 30 add 0 RL currentpoint stroke M
%%postscript [] 0 setdash 0 -6 RL stroke}!
%%postscript /octavab{ % usage: len x y octavab
%%postscript exch -10 add exch 2 copy
%%postscript M 0 -10 RM /Times-Roman 16 selectfont (8) show
%%postscript /Times-Roman 12 selectfont (va basso) show
%%postscript 10 add M 0 -6 RL currentpoint stroke M
%%postscript [6] 0 setdash 30 add 0 RL stroke
%%postscript [] 0 setdash}!
% -- start / stop of octava indication
%%deco 8( 5 - 24 0 0
%%deco 8) 5 octava 24 0 0
%%deco 8b( 7 - 24 0 0
%%deco 8b) 7 octavab 24 0 0
X:1
T:Jonathan Blake (a medley)
M:2/4
L:1/16
K:D
%%staves (1 2)
V:1
K:treble
P:Intro
E2|AcBc AcE2|z8|A^GAE FECA,|B,2B,2A,2 (3(ABc)|
V:2
x2|x8|x8|x8|x6 (3(A,B,C)|
%%staves [1 2]
P:Fisher's Hornpipe
|:dAFA GBAG|FAFA GBAG|FDFD GEGE|FDFD E2 (3(ABc)|
dAFA GBAG|FAFA GBAG|FGAB cAcA|[1 d2d2d2 (3(ABc):|[2 d2d2d2 !8b(!cd|
ecAc ecge|fdAd fdgf|ecAc ecgf|edcB A2!8b)!GA|
BGDG BGdB|AFDF AFdA|BdcB AGFE|[1 D2D2D2 !8b(!cd:|[2 D2D2D2 z2|
V:2
K:treble
|:!8b(!AFzc dGzB|DFzA GBAG|DFzG EGBe|dczB A2 (3(ABc)|
AFzc dGzB|DFzA GBAG|ABcd eazg|[1 f2A2d2 (3(ABc):|[2 F2A2!8b)!d2 z2|
L:1/8
ELA ELG|FLA FLG|ELA ELG|A,/B,/C/D/ Ez|
GLB DLB,|DA FD|E2 A,2|[1 F,2 z2:|[2 F,2 z2|

(Sorry if lines got wrapped funny -- one of the joys of email transmission.)

- -Chris

Christopher Myers
em:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: chrismyers001