Sorry, I was afraid your AbcIde is not open source.

The 1st reason why I asked for the source, was:
I am a python-beginner and I hoped to find some examples to learn from.
I promised some friends (good musicans but definitly no programmers)
to find or write some useful abc&co-tools.
It was hard enough to get them to use the PC to produce and exchange
sheet-music. But I've found it realy hard to explain them the use of
cmdline-tools. So a python/tk-gui seems a good solution.
I could just email them new versions of .. what ever.
(I "physically" visited each and installed inet-access, email, python, ...)

Having abcm2ps/pdf/gif and abc2midi a light-weight GUI for
 browse/sort/select/recombine/.. tunes from local files
was the next step to get happy.

So the 2nd reason to ask for the source was
to get something that I can modify for my purpose.

BTW: I remember somebody used ANTLR to produce an abc-parser.
(if he/she hears me, give me a link to the grammer. thanks)
Is there someone (you Phil?), who used YAPPS for a python-abc-parser?

3rd reason:  I'm also trying web-apps with ZOPE. So python is wellcome.

;-) and finally:   "paranoia pays"

So BETA-Test is only my 2nd intention but shouldn't be hard to do.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:03:45 +0000, Exu Yangi wrote
> <mutter> I thought I had the sources in the zip file </mutter>
> OK, well I am trying to figure out how to get this puppy onto source
> forge.
> If it runs on your machine (I think you need Python 2.3
> minimum) and you like it, I will just mail you the sources if I
> can't figure out how to get them into the zip file.

I've found the pyc's! There's no way to get from pyc to py? Am I right?
(I'm py-newbie)

> Did you manage to get it to run? Did everything ELSE work (help
> files, &c)

Because of reasons 1..3 I didn't try it yet - without the sources.
And before weekend there will be no time to have a "deep" look at it.

Greetings
Toni