Thanks everyone for the directions on the test files, I've started to collect them and I'll give them a serious look next weekend!

Hudson suggestion

P.S. Please take in account tuplets with many digits, like (11:8:11CDEFGABcde^f

made me think about the needing for a "T_ENDNPLET" token. In other words from "(3ABC" four events would be triggered: T_NPLET, T_NOTE; T_NOTE, T_NOTE and T_NPLET.

Is that something worth considering? It would ease the parser at the expense of an additional event triggering everytime the tuplet ends.

                     R.D.