Atte wrote:

Hi

I guess this has been asked 1.000.000 times before but I'm looking for a nice, easy to setup, easy to use abc-tool running under windows. I'm a linux user myself and I'm most happy with my abcm2ps/gv/emacs/self-made-python-script combo, but more and more of my windows-running music friends gets interrested in trying out abc. So hopefully you guys can supply me with some info to pass on to them...

Ideally the tool should (in my prioritized order):

* be easy to install and use
* produce high-quality prints
* support as much of the cutting-edge abc (abcm2ps stuff) as possible
* be flexible enough for a beginner to grow within the tool
* be free or cheep
* not be commercially available from the person recommending it :-)

My suggestion is:

abcm2ps.exe
http://abcplus.sourceforge.net

runabc.exe (with built-in tcl/tk)