Hi everybody,

John Walsh warned me about a problem when using the free version of
RoPS (PostScript level 1 only) with stable releases of abcm2ps
(3.7.xx). Here is how to make it work:

        - create a file (say 'ps1.abc') containing:

%%postscript /rectstroke{
%%postscript    4 2 roll M 1 index 0 RL 0 exch RL neg 0 RL closepath
%%postscript    stroke}!
%%postscript /rectfill{
%%postscript    4 2 roll M 1 index 0 RL 0 exch RL neg 0 RL closepath
%%postscript    fill}!
%%postscript /selectfont{exch findfont exch dup
%%postscript    type/arraytype eq{makefont}{scalefont}ifelse setfont}!

        - then generate your tunes with this file as the first one:

                abcm2ps ps1.abc <your_tune>.abc

About the PS level, I would say, no, John, with abcm2ps, there is no
difference generating level 1 or level 2.

BTW, D. J. Bernstein from Chicago found a security hole which is present
in all abcm2ps versions. So, please, upgrade to the latest ones (3.7.21
and 4.8.5).

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]