On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Sébastien Tricaud wrote:

Hi Folks,

Gscore 0.0.8 "laetmotive" is out.
This release focuses on bug fixing and improved score editing.

Hi,

I read about your Gscore 0.0.8, downloaded it, compiled it, and run it on my Linux Fedora Core 2 system.

But looking at it, clicking everywhere, checking out all the menus, after 2 weeks I still don't have no idea how to create my first simple score. The screenshots on the website look nice, but I haven't seen anything like it on my own screen yet.

Apparently "User-friendlyness" still has to be improved, even if I'm doing something completely wrong.

What I need is a small "getting started" document. For example: what do I have to do to enter the first bars of "Jingle Bells" in the key of G major ? Once I have succeeded doing that I will find out the rest for myself I'm sure.

Afew years ago, when I first attempted to write a few bars of abc music, written with vim and processed with abcm2ps, it only took me a few minutes to have success. Graphical frontends are supposed to make things easier, but the ones I have seen so far hardly do that.

--

Martin Tarenskeen