Atte André Jensen escreveu:
> Wil Macaulay wrote:
>

>>Somebody (Atte?) was using a separate voice for chord symbols - worked
>>well visually in the abc.
>

> Yeah, I've been doing that rutinely for years now. Actually I learned
> from finale users that that's also the way finale handles chords
> placement. Esp handy when you wanna have more chords over a long note...

Besides that, we have also (with ABC 2.0) the "s:" field:

X:1
T:O Ovo
C:Hermeto
M:2/4
K:C
c_BAG   | ECEG    FEDC | ECEG    c_BAG | ECEG     FEDC | C4 :|
s: +mf+ | "C7"*** "Bb" | "C7"*** "Gm7" | "C7"**** "Bb" | "C"

Just like the "w:" field, "s:" has the problem of causing long lines.

The line continuation "\" character is not a suitable solution in many
cases because destroys the visual correspondence between notes and
symbols (or syllables).

BTW, I think ABC lacks a way to indicate a *musical* line concatenation.
R.D. and Phil have argued that line continuations "\" should not be used
for "concatenate this line with the next similar line", but I use it
this way in virtually all my ABC files, in the absence of a better
solution. In many circunstances, I need (for legibility) write few
measures per line or even a time per line, althogh they are intended to
be printed in the same music line.

Cheers,
Hudson

--
Hudson Lacerda <http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/>
*Não deixe seu voto sumir! http://www.votoseguro.org/

Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você
acumula cupons e concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe!
http://yahoo.fbiz.com.br/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/mjFolB/TM