Fra: AboutTownes@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] På
vegne av Mark Phillips
Sendt: 28. april 2006 19:02
Til: AboutTownes@yahoogroups.com
Emne: [AboutTownes] Re: Vince Bell

Vince is an amazing guy. And an incredibly nice feller too! When I
pulled up to their house in Nashville back in 99, we had never met at
all. V was out in the garage looking for a washer and welcomed us
like old friends. Ditto for his wife Sarah. Somehow I managed to play
him my take on Frankenstein, and he was very gracious in asking for a
recording of my version to play for the author. If you get to the
website, also check out Vince's journals. I love 'em. I think some
equal his songwriting for creativity.
The last time I saw Vince he was playing in Austin at a tiny little
theatre with about 15-20 folks in attendance. No mic, no cords. Just
him and his two Pawless guitars.......sharing the stage with some old
friends from Denim. Youda thunk he  was playing for a packed house at
the ACL soundstage.
I love seeing him at the OQ in Galveston. He and Wrecks are old
buddies and play great off one another.
Haven't read 68 28 yet but One Mans Music is wonderful. 68 28 will be
ordered soon.

Mi Dos Centavos,
Mark
--- In AboutTownes@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 4/27/2006 4:55:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<If funds can stretch, also get Vince's first book 'One Man's
Music',
> one of the most amazing books I have ever read. It tells Vince's
> story from when he was literally considered dead after a
horrendous
> car wreck in Austin, TX on December 21, 1982 and his incredible
> recovery, with very tough financial times that ensued. It is
> riveting;  it is humbling. An absolute must read.>>
> Hey, I second that review.
> Amazing story, great book.

> Anne

"To Live's To Fly" http://www.townesvanzandt.com

Shared files for all things TVZ: (MP3's, etc... )
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/townesvanzandt2001

See TVZ related links and files or change  your membership settings
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AboutTownes

"There's only two kinds of music... The Blues and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." -
Townes Van Zandt
Yahoo! Groups Links

"To Live's To Fly" http://www.townesvanzandt.com

Shared files for all things TVZ: (MP3's, etc... ) http://briefcase.yahoo.com/townesvanzandt2001

See TVZ related links and files or change  your membership settings
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AboutTownes

"There's only two kinds of music... The Blues and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah." - Townes Van Zandt

Country music artists Townes van zandt New country music artists

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS