Sounds as though they are making progress which is a good thing. I will try this latest one with Supernova in the next day or so and let you all know if it behaves the same way.

Best regards,

Tom

-----Original Message----- From: David Goldfield
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:43 AM
To: accessibility@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-accessibility] Latest LibreOffice and Java access Bridge

Hello.
This is regarding Libreoffice 3.6.4 and its support for assistive technology. I'm using a Windows 7 Pro 32-bit machine installing the latest version of Java from the Ninite installer; JAB is enabled via the control panel under Ease of Access.
My screen reader is NVDA 2012.3.
While installing this latest version I was careful to check the box for enabling support for assistive technology. When I loaded Writer I received no feedback while navigating through menus. I know the keystrokes for enabling a.t. support in the Options dialog and I did this and then restarted Writer: this time I received a little more feedback. This means that it is likely that a.t. support was in fact disabled even though I checked the appropriate box during installation. I have checked with a sighted person who verifies that a.t. support is enabled in the options dialog. While menus spoke and I can receive text feedback while moving through a document dialog boxes are usually silent except for standard dialogs such as the Open dialog. As an example when I press alt-f4 I am prompted on whether I want to save changes to my open document. when I press the tab key I hear nothing where I should hear the names of the buttons as they gain focus. I also notice that when Writer opens I rarely receive feedback in the first document. when I open subsequent documents some audio feedback is presented. Can anyone verify these findings?

David Goldfield
Computer Technology Instructor
919 Walnut Street
4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA  19107

215-627-0600 ext 3277
FAX:  215-922-0692

dgold...@asb.org<mailto:dgold...@asb.org>
www.asb.org<http://www.asb.org/>

[cid:642253614@06122012-0D58]

Serving Philadelphia's and the nation's blind and visually impaired population since 1874.

[cid:642253614@06122012-0D5F]<http://facebook.com/pages/Associated-Services-for-the-Blind/234389409941928> [cid:642253614@06122012-0D66] <http://twitter.com/ASBPhiladelphia>