demand a written reply for denial of banking services on the basis of thumb impression.

On 12/8/2023 11:49 PM, Vaibhav Bhandari wrote:
Good Evening Everyone,
Just a few months ago, I had gone to an SBI branch to try to open my
account and they told me that thumb print would not be accepted for
opening the bank account and availing facilities like debit card,
internet banking, checkbook, etc., I would need to know how to sign or
else it would be clasified under some illiteracy clause. It's
necessary to understand here that I haven't any experience in signing
and hadn't required doing so until now. The helper that was explaining
me all this also said that they haven't even allowed their visually
impared employees to use internet banking because they couldn't sign.
So after returning, I tried doing some research, where in I found that
there is a consensus among the various sites that such facilities
cannot be denied to people with visual imparement just because they
cannot sign but I cannot find this written somewhere in the banking
rules. So, if someone could clarify this for me, it'd be really
helpful.