> From:    Sun Zoom Spark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Now, I can't find a single working gopher site anywhere on the
> Internet. Maybe they have all gone -- does anybody know?

Some gopher sites mentioned on this list by Gerald Boyd still work:
gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1
gopher://ftp.std.com/1
gopher://gopher.well.sf.ca.us/1

A list of gopher sites:
gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/world/

Besides, gophermail can be used for downloading from HTTP (and FTP?).

Currently many webservers host several websites
(with different domain names) each. Such webservers need to know
which domain name is requested. Gophermail doesn't supply
Host HTTP request header line. A workaround - to specify hostname
not only in Host line, but also in Path line, an example:

Split=0
Name=about mail2ftp servers
Type=0
Port=80
Path=GET http://lena.kiev.ua/mail2ftp/
Host=lena.kiev.ua
#
Split=0
Name=decoder of 8bit text encoded by Getweb server
Type=9
Port=80
Path=GET http://lena.kiev.ua/getweb.exe
Host=lena.kiev.ua

It's not standard, but many webservers understand that.

--
Lena()lena.kiev.ua