Hello ACCMail people ...

Long-term subscribers may recall our discussions, about two years ago,
on maintaining the ACCMAIL FAQ. Plans for updating the FAQ foundered
because Mr. Gerry Boyd, the previous moderator of this list, was the
formal copyright holder of the FAQ, and also the registered maintainer
at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet-services/access-via-email/

For example, the following posts ...
http://www.mail-archive.com/accmail@listserv.aol.com/msg01792.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/accmail@listserv.aol.com/msg01838.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/accmail@listserv.aol.com/msg01842.html

But Gerry Boyd had retired, and we found it impossible to contact him.
Emails were never answered. I did not think that was strange. After
all, for many people retirement means starting a new life completely,
his subscription to this list had been set to NOMAIL, it was obvious
that there would be no more updates to his website expita.com, and he
had announced his intention to spend as much time as possible on long
cycling tours.

Today, I discovered the real reason. Gerry Boyd died on 4 May 2004.
There is more information on http://help-net.unl.edu/GEB.html

If you would like to read his last cycling journals, visit
        http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/gboyd

None of us know whay he looked like, but he left two photographs at
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/pic/?pic_id=16146&size=large (45 kb)
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/pic/?pic_id=21104&size=large (96 kb)