Dear Spring Community

I am pleased to advise Acegi Security 1.0.2 is now available.

This release is mostly a bug fix release. Existing users can upgrade
with a simple JAR drop, although please first review the upgrade note at
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SEC-340.

Some community members have inquired regarding our release roadmap:

* We will continue to support Spring 1.2.x stream users in the Acegi
Security 1.0.x release series. Whilst no new features will be added, any
reported bugs will be corrected and backported to 1.0.x.

* New features will be incorporated into Acegi Security 1.1.0, which we
are aiming to release prior to The Spring Experience in December 2006.
Acegi Security 1.1.0 will also be renamed to Spring Security at this
time, and it will require Spring 2.0 to leverage namespace capabilities.

Please visit
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10040&styleName=Html&version=10490
for a detailed changelog.

The project's web site at http://acegisecurity.org provides additional
information on Acegi Security's features, access to online
documentation, and links to download the latest release.

We trust that you find this new release useful in your projects.

Cheers