From: Rick Kingslan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 3:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] LDAP Display Name for Security Properties

Rick,

Unfortunately, if we are talking about the same dialog box with the ACL and the ACE's (in advance view) these are Security Principals with permissions that they have on this object.

It's likely that one of these objects DID join it to the domain, but if it was the Domain Administrators group, and there are 5 members, which member performed the join of the computer?

Maybe someone esle can provide better or more complete information, but I don't believe that there is any information that will tell you which Security Principal actually joined a computer to the domain.  This is even compunded further by the fact that BY DEFAULT any user can join up to 10 machines to the domain, IIRC.

Now, the problem gets even more difficult to track.  Auditing is the only way to confirm who did what - but that, again, assumes that auditing was on, configured, and the logs are available.

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
Associate Expert