-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Pelle, Joe
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 3:59 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] rename Domain Controller

Hello!
Anyone know how to rename a Domain Controller?  I think I can just run
DCPROMO, make it a member server, rename it, then re-run DCPROMO and
make it a DC again?  Is this right, wrong, completely stupid?..... Also,
any recommendations on (assuming the previous was correct) if I should
do this or just rebuild the server?
Finally, I would like to know how any of you out there did your
migration testing for production applications that could NOT be
reproduced in a lab environment?
Lemme Know!  Thanks!
Joe Pelle
Systems Administrator
Information Technology
Valassis / Targeted Print & Media Solutions
35955 Schoolcraft Rd.   Livonia, MI  48150
Tel 734.632.3753      Fax 734.632.6240
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.valassis.com/
This message may have included proprietary or protected information.
This message and the information contained herein are not to be further
communicated without my express written consent.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm