From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Changes to Win2003 and online AD restores

I was reading "Guide to Windows Server 2003 Changes in Default Behavior"

http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0fa11476-2ba7-4474-bc35-8fc38c65ef16&DisplayLang=en

And saw this blurb:
Add an option for Active Directory to undelete deleted objects. Provides an option to "undelete" or support online recovery by reanimating tombstones. ISVs can write applications to call this API to reanimate a tombstone and add value by restoring other attribute data, thereby providing an "online" restore capability. This feature provides an API to reanimate tombstones without hacking into the ESE database. ISVs can differentiate their products by restoring other data that is not recovered by this feature. Take a domain controller offline, perform a restore from backup media, and then authoritatively restore the one object of interest.

I assume this has to do with the statement put out by MS someone posted recently.  Does anyone know of product plans exploiting this new API?