Guido,

Thanks for the Response.

Since DNS is running AD integrated on the DCS, and runs under the System context, they
don't need to be added to this group,correct?  I think you meant that Stand alone DNS
servers would need to be added to this group to facilitate updates,correct?

Since coming to this site,  I'm wondering why they have the DCs in the DnsUpdateProxy
Group,  as well as the the DHCP servers.  Apparently it was an MS recommendation, but
I can't find a reason in my head why this would be required.  This would cause that
insecurity issue, I'd imagine.  Am I missing something?

Also,  I see the records have Authenticated Users on the ACL as SPECIAL, but no
properties/rights are checked.  This is the result that the Proxygroup creates,
correct?

So if I need to re-acl those records, this is the correct ACL?

THanks,  I appreciate the help.  I've setup the proxy group before, but never went
into great detail trying to figure out someone elses design choices, so I'm learning
more about it as I go.

This is 2k, and not 2k3 yet, as I would like to use the "service" account for DHCP
when we can for these reasons.

Jef