Ted,

Sure,  I'll clean it up and post it here.  Do you want it as a Text, or as an
attachment.

It's nothing crazy.....but it certainly helped.

It takes a list of Computers and then

Does an NBTSTAT check
Does a Ping Test
If Online then
Checks to see if the RPC service is running
Uses RPC ping to verify it's accepting RPC calls
And connects to the box using WMI, and pulls the Machine name and verifies it the name
expect (in case the WINS/DNS entries were old and another box is responding to PING)

Then spits out a CSV of all the tests, and a list of GOOD and BAD PCs.

You need RPCPING and the script.  RPCping came from the Win2k3 resource kit.

Jef