Sandy,

Sorry for no Reply...

The Scavenge date will be on the Zone properties.  The TS on the record tells the zone
that the record is availiable to be scavenged.  So if the Scavenge date on the record
is greater than the date for the zone,  it will be scavenged.

So If the Scavenge date on the zone is 11-14-2003,  it will be availiable to be
scavenged on that date/time.   Then when scavenging is done, it looks at the records,
and it's time stamps.  If your TTL is 7 days, and it finds a record that has not been
updated/refreshed in GREATER than 7 days,  it will be scavenged.

For scavenging to take place,   The Server, Zone, and Record must have scavenging
turned on. Records without a Timestamp will be ignored during scavenging.  And
scavenging will NOT scavenge records with Timestamps older than when Scavenging was
turned on for the zone.   This is why you need to age all records after turning it on.

So the Scavenge date for the zone is 11-14-2003. your scavenging date is 7/7.  you run
the age all records for the zone command, and it adds the timestamp of 11-13-2003.

On 11-14-2003 no records will be scavenged since the records timestamp is only 1 day
old.   But when it scavenges in 7 days from now on the 11-21-2003, If a record has not
been refreshed with a newer timestamp than 11-13-2003,  all those records will be
scavenged on 11-21 since the 7/7 period is set.  If a record has a newer timestamp
(11-17-2003..) it will remain,  or if it has no timestamp it will remain.

You can use DNSCMD to export all the records if you need too.  Or use the
DNSRESOURCE.VBS to export it as well.

If you reload the records make sure you are part of the DNSUPDATEPROXY group so that
DHCP/users can update (refresh the timestamp) the records otherwise they will be
scavenged during the next period.