Hmm....I think the setpwd was a "hack" they threw together to address the issue
quickly.  You'll now found this ability to reset the password in the ntdsutil command
on win2003.  the setpwd doesn't exist in 2003 either.

I am not running SP4,  but if you are, you might want to check ntdsutil to see if that
option was added to it.  It was on the main menu, and I believe it was "reset DSRM
password" was the command.

just a thought...

Jef