From: Rich Milburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Diagraming

I see what you mean Al, but like where I used to work, sometimes you don't
have the budget to buy yet another 3rd party add-on tool when you just need
basic functionality.  I imagine MS has to be more careful to leave room for
3rd party development in light of the fact everyone wants to sue them it
seems, but sometimes it makes it more difficult on the tech who just wants
to do his job... (the whole JavaVM issue is maybe an example of 3rd party
adding complexity at the expense of the admins?)

Visio 2000 has the ability to do AD diagramming, though I've personally
never used it for discovery, just diagramming. I liked the 2002 look and
feel but stuck with my copy of 2000 Enterprise Edition.