Gil's post should provide the information they need to do this.  Did you catch that one the other day?

From: Creamer, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] finding GCs

According to the developers, the app is trying to do 2 things:

  1. Query a universal group membership for one purpose
  2. Query a global group membership for a specific domain for another purpose

So, they tell me they can specify the domain in their code. What they are looking for is how can they find a server that meets both needs (DC and GC) in that specific domain. The query would essentially say, "return a global catalog server in my.domain.com" (as opposed to a GC in domain.com or myother.domain.com)

They need to do this in VB

Thanks!

<mc>