From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 9:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] How to track object deletion?

Hello, AD gurus.
I' ve been developing a DirSync program that tracks for object changes in
AD.
Everything is fine except for object deletion.
When AD object is deleted, as everybody knows here, it is tombstoned. As I
figured out that means that the object is moved to the
hidden container called 'Deleted Objects'. So when I delete an object
DirSync returns me the following

CN=user1\DEL:5fce35d1-42dc-4d42-b4d6-fd4a5c773acd,CN=Deleted
Objects,DC=sbhbd1,DC=local

as the DN of changed object.

In the example above I deleted object with DN: CN=user1,CN=Users,
DC=sbhbd1,DC=local.
But I've lost some part of original object DN like: * ,CN=Users, *

The question is: How to track AD objects deletion? I need to know  object
original DN, but AD hides it from me.
I don't want to keep a copy of original AD or whatever similar to it.

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
   (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])    19.01.2004, 18:27

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm